26 Nov 2003 - Nicko in Paris

At home in London.
Time: 1:05am.

Well, well, well
I’m sitting at home after a most splendid day off, more of which I shall tell you in a little while.

First though I shall tell you what happened on Friday.
Me mate Andy eventually arrived at just before 10 in the evening. He met me at the old John Baird pub in Muswell Hill. I arrived there at a little after 8:3opm and had a couple of beers while I waited for them. He had his lovely girl friend with him, her name is Mary-Anna. She is lovely, and she was born in Russia. Sweet lass. As they arrived a wee bit late, we decided to go to me local Indian. It is called ‘The Taste of Nawab’, me very good pal Abdul runs it and is the most perfect host. We had a great dinner and before we knew, it was 12:30am already. Well, I had to go and get some sleep as I was going to have to be up early in the morning to go and meet with Bruce and a whole bunch of folks for the journey to Paris. It was due to depart at 12:30pm so that meant leaving me drum by 9:30. I had to pop by Bruce’s house to pick up the lovely Paddy and then make our way over to Gatwick. I arrived at her home on time and we made great time to the airport. I think there were a lot of folks in the old rubber dub watching the Rugger on the Box, so the roads were quite empty. We stopped off on the way and had a coffee and a piece of croissant.

When we arrived we were greeted by the lovely Jo and handed our boarding passes. We made our way to the lounge and met Val Janes and a few EMI folks. There were a lot of fans and I signed a few bits and bobs and then we made our way onto the plane. The journey was great [see Skunk's diary] and we landed a little after 2:30pm. I made me way straight into the city. I was craving the old escargots, so I went on a mission to find a restaurant that had then on the old menu. It didn’t take me long to find one and I was happily ensconced with a half dozen snails and a coffee. Lovely Jubbly. After me late lunch I headed back to the hotel. I had a wee lay down watched a spot of the old snooker on BBC2 and then it was time to go to the gig. I left at 7pm and went to the venue with Bruce and Ian. I had a wee interview with BBC TV. After that it was getting close to show-time, one problem though, the old ‘Helloweens’ were playing a little over-time so I popped up on to the stage and read them the riot act as they were ending their last tune, Bloody cheek, It was there first show with us on this tour and they went over time. I was not amused. It was fun going up there, though I think the audience were a wee bit confused, OH WELL!!!!

So we hit the stage just about on time and we had a fantastic gig. The Paris audiences are always so good. We had a wonderful time.
The gig went great and we were all very happy with the way it went.
After the show I stayed behind with Bruce and H and I took a massage from our Peter Lokrantz. We had called him in as Steve had a footy match that afternoon and needed Pete’s expert hands to help his back out after the match and before the gig. It was great to see Pete again so soon after Stockholm. I think he will be with us in England next week. I tell you, I need a rub down after I play, as you know me back has been playing up lately.

What? No, it doesn’t have anything to do with me age mate Watch it!!!!!

After the massage I went over to the Mercure Hotel and met with the competition winners that had come from all over the world.
I signed some autographs and then made my way back to the hotel.
Oh yes I forgot to tell you, me old mate Patrick turned up with his pal, Tom, who had flown over from the States. I only saw him very briefly and then he was off. I missed him later that night, as I didn’t go to the boozer that everyone else went too. I was feeling very hungry, so Pete and meself found a fantastic restaurant that was open. It was on the Champs Elysee, called Maison L’Assace. Had a great dinner, and then I hit the hay.

The next day we were scheduled to head back to blighty at 3pm. I headed out at 1pm and picked Paddy up at her hotel and then we made our way to the airport.
When we got back to London it was not a very nice day [See Skunk's diary].
I made the journey back to London on the train and was met at Victoria by a guy called Adrian. He took me to the new restaurant called 'The Wollesley' on Piccadilly. I had a most lovely half dozen escargots, followed by two poached eggs on bubble and squeak.
After dinner he dropped me at my house and I had a fairly early night.

Monday we had a show in Dortmund Germany. I went to start me old jam jar and guess what? It didn’t have enough juice to get going. I’m definitely going to have to break down and get it sorted out, What do you think?
So I walked round to me car company and jumped in a cab to Stansted. I was there on time. We left at 3:15pm and the journey took a little les than an hour.
Well, I’m going to have to go to me bed now.
Catch you all later
Stay safe and well

God bless you all.

Website Development by Keane Creative