15 Jun 2003 - Nicko's a tad hungover

On board jet flying form San Sebastian to Bologna Italy. Time 5:05pm Local.

Well, well, well,
How the blazes are you today?
I’m doing just fine thank you, well I do have a whopper of a hangover though.
I’ll start from the beginning.

Friday we arrived in San Sebastian and went straight to the hotel. We stayed at The Maria Christina hotel. It is fantastic. A beautiful large building very decorative inside. We have stayed at this hotel on many occasions in the past. We love this town.

We left for the venue at around 8 o-clock and the guys did their interviews. We were due on stage for a 10 o-clock kick off. Just before we took to the stage we did a smudge for Mick and Metal Hammer. It’s been a long time since we did a photo shoot just before we‘re due to go on.
Well boys and girls, we all thought that Madrid was a hoot but Friday night was wild. The fans in this beautiful part of Spain are brilliant. It was a very special kind of evening. We were greeted with an amazing ovation. The fans went completely ballistic. It was a great gig.
After the show we did a runner back to the hotel and after my shower I went to the bar. We had all arranged to meet at around 1 o-clock. Mick, Danny, William, [our rep from EM] Andy and Liz Taylor, Peter de Vroome and his lovely wife Pru and Alvaro from EMI Spain were all in the bar when I arrived. We had a few wets and then I went off to me bed. I was feeling a wee bit sleepy and a little shagged out to be honest. The gig had taking a bit out of me. It was a great night.

The next day was off. Steve, Bruce, Dave and Gaddzy had shot back to blighty and myself, H, Jan, Rod and Ian stayed in San Sebastian.
I had arranged with Ian to set up a golf game, which he did. I had a tee time for midday. Rod had bought his sticks with him so off we went to the golf club. It was a very tricky but beautiful course. It wasn’t far from the city. I wish I could remember the name of it but it has slipped me mind. Mick from Metal hammer rented some sticks and came along to make up a threesome. Daniel and William also came along for the walk, and I gave Danny a lesson on the practise tee. He’d never had an iron in his hand before. I gave him a few pointers and just let him get on with it. A little before noon we headed over to the first tee. Rod took the honour and whacked a near perfect drive straight down the spout. Then I was up. I spanked one down the middle as well. Then we looked for Mick to take his turn and he was nowhere to be found. ‘Where the ‘kin heck is he?’ asked Rod. I had no idea. Rod took his clubs off the buggy and walked with me to our balls and we sent William off in search of him. We got to the green by the time William arrived back with a slightly bemused photographer. He had got parted from us and asked a geezer were the first tee was and apparently had sent him the wrong way. Stupid boy. TeeHee.

So we had a great round of golf, Rod came in the winner with 35 points stapleford and I came in with 31. Not me best performance but a most splendid day out on a wonderful golf course. Thank you all at EMI Spain for setting the game up. Also thanks to William [EMI England] for paying the green fees, Bless you mate.

When we arrived back at the hotel I had a shower and then went to a 7:15 meeting with Andy Taylor and Peter de Vroome. We talked for around thirty minutes and then I popped back to my room. We had arranged for a dinner party in what is one of my most favourite of restaurants, ‘The Juanito Kojur’. It is a beautiful seafood restaurant and we were seated at just after 9:30. The food was spectacular and the company most excellent. Everyone made it. Andy, Liz, Ian, Rod, Danny, Mick, William, Peter, Pru, Jan, H and myself were having a wonderful evening. I love this type of night. Great conversation, great food, good wine. After dinner, H, Jan, Mick, Danny, William and myself went to the main square which was just around the corner from the restaurant and sat outside a nice little bar and had a couple of beers. Well after a while we got rocking, we got asked to leave as the bar was closing and we sought after a new watering hole. It didn’t take long to find one -and this time we stayed until late. I left the bar with H just after 3 o-clock..

Well I’m going to have to finish this diary off tonight on our way home to Blighty, as we are just about to land in Bologna.
See ya later.

Well, well, well,
Back with you writing from the old jet whizzing our way back to Blighty. It’s just gone past 12:30 pm. We shall be arriving back home for around 1:15pm.

Well as you will have gathered by know I have myself to blame for the state that I was in. Oh well you’ve got to let your hair down sometimes AAAHHHEEEE!!!

We played Imola this evening; Man was it hot there. It was close to 100 degrees when we arrived at 7 o-clock. We took to the stage at 9:30 and played OK. We had a rough time on stage. I was all over the place and didn’t really settle down as I usually do. We all struggled a bit. The fans were OK, but not their usual crazy selves. I think it may have had something to do with the heat and the fact that they had been out in the sun for a very long time. So we did our usual runner and got to Bologna airport for a 12:15 departure. We will be arriving in about 15 minutes.

I’m going to go know as I’m feeling very tired this evening.
Love to all that came out to se us at Imola.
God Bless you all.
Stay safe and well.

Website Development by Keane Creative